Our University degrees operates to the highest academic standards and has multiple structures in place that ensure the standard of education provided to its students it of the highest quality. Below is a list of some corporate bodies we belong to and associations we are a part of:
Learning Resource Network
Learning Resource Network (LRN) is recognized as an awarding organization by Ofqual. LRN creates qualifications for educational institutes, training providers, schools and employers. All LRN qualifications are internationally recognized by employers, governments and professional bodies as providing proof of the skills and abilities they are looking for.
Awards for Training and Higher Education UK provides centers with a wide variety of qualifications including, but not limited to; administration management, business, tourism, law, computing and health and social care. ATHE have made a name for themselves with exceptional customer service, excellent quality standards and rewarding qualifications with progression routes to university degrees
What we suggest as a specialized course:
How To Start Your Own Business
People often dream about starting their own business but don’t fully realize the implications of what this involves. Given the back-drop that nearly a half of all businesses fail in their first year, it is critical that you have all the knowledge at your disposal to make an informed decision about whether running a business is right for you.
This is an introductory course for anyone who has recently set up a small or micro-business, or for anyone who is considering setting up a small or micro-business, or is considering self-employment as a career option. As such, this Course considers the key elements and issues that you need to think about and explore.
This course will allow you to:
- Learn key steps to increase your chances of success and minimize risk.
- Understand how to market your business, identifying competition, pricing and branding strategies
- How to handle and recruit staff and administrative issues.
Students can enroll onto this course at any time. There is approximately 100 hours’ worth of learning material included.
This course is assessed by a series of self-assessment exercises.
This course is made up of 5 units, which cover a range of subject areas, please see below for more information:
Unit 1 Thinking of Starting a Business
- The problems and potential of small-business start-up
- Sources of information
- Why start a business
- Personal skills
- The realities of starting a business
- Success v Failure
- Your Business Idea
- Am I suited to running a business
- People and Roles
- Business start-up expenses
- Sources of Money
- Finding Premises
- Financial Issues
- Legal Issues
- Practical Issues
Unit 2 Finance for Business Start Up
- Looking after your money
- Budgeting for personal survival
- Financial Responsibilities
- Common causes of financial failure
- Financial Control
- Employing Staff
- Cash Flow
- Profit and Loss account
- Balance Sheet
- Performance Ratios
- Credit Terms
Unit 3 Marketing for Business Start Up
- What marketing is
- Definitions of Marketing
- Marketing in Practice
- Understanding Customer Needs and Wants
- Using Marketing Strategy
- The 7Ps of Marketing
- Turning Prospects into Customers
- Types of Marketing Message
- Writing Marketing Material
- Newsletter Marketing
- The Marketing Plan
- Classic Marketing Mistakes
Unit 4 Business Planning for Business Start Up
- Purpose of a Business Plan
- Demands and Limitations of Business Planning
- Basic Aspects of Business Planning
- Business Plan Format
- The Executive Summary
- The Business
- SWOT Analysis
- Products and Services
- Business Planning Top Tips
Unit 5 Communicating for Success in Business.
- Defining Communication
- The Communication Cycle
- Barriers to Communication
- Spoken Word – General Considerations
- Written Word – General Considerations
- First Impressions
- Non-Verbal Behavior
- Active Listening
- Written Communication
- Email Etiquette
- Writing Marketing Copy for Your Business
The fee for enrolling onto this course is $1000.
Am I Eligible For This Program?
This course is most suited to individuals who are at least 16 years old, and have an interest in setting up a new business.